With the technologically oriented world, it is easy to understand the use of a tablet or hand-held device in education. We encourage the healthy use of one during preschool development and under supervision because your child can learn practically anything at any time or anywhere. Join us as we explore brain development which can be enhanced with tablet games and applications.
Gaming and learning
During the preschool period, your child is open to learning in amazing ways. There are thousands of applications and games available for a tablet or smartphone that will provide your child with hours of enjoyment and learning while at home. The games that are available range from those focused solely on a single subject to those which will teach an array of abilities and skills.
The brain development
Your child is most open to learning and can obtain peak brain development when he or she is having fun. This means that games of any sort have a positive effect on your preschooler’s brain development. For optimum development ensure that your child has a suitable mixture of physical, mental, and social growth activities.
Is there a negative side to this?
Many parents would rather not buy a child a smartphone or tablet, but you can allow him or her to use your own. This usage should be monitored to ensure your preschooler gets a limited amount of time on these devices. Other activities such as reading, puzzles, or outdoor play are just as valuable for your child.
Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Cary, North Carolina is the child care expert offering a full-fledged facility for your preschooler. Contact us now to ensure he or she gets the very best in child care, brain development, and preschool experiences for a bright future.Show Less
Most parents instinctively know that preschoolers can learn while playing, however, you may not know just how important play is to a child’s early development. Some parents may be concerned about how play relates to learning, and how much and what kinds of play are most effective.
The secret is that as a child plays, cognitive learning is greatly increased. During play, the memory improves and this stimulates the growth of the cerebral cortex. Also, it is well known that children absorb more learning when they are having fun. Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Cary, North Carolina, understands that play is an integral part of early childhood education.
Play makes learning exciting
One of the leading benefits of learning while playing is that your child will be more excited to participate in the activities. There have been studies that show a link between pretend play and the development of language skills. So encourage your preschooler to act out, dress up, and use imagination. You can offer selective rewards to encourage this enthusiasm, whether in the form of a warm hug or a high five. Often, the sheer fun of the activity is the reward itself.
Play makes learning unforgettable
Another benefit of learning through play is that your child will remember the fun and the learning. Play creates effective neural pathways in the brain that relate to the particular concept learned, thereby, embedding it in the child’s brain. Some teaching methods today incorporate this concept to some degree, encouraging fun and motivation during learning.
Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Cary offers our exclusive Brain Waves™ Curriculum that ensures your child learns effectively, while having fun. Contact us if you are interested in finding out more information about our superior child care and educational services.Show Less
When it comes to the proper development of your child, it is essential that you choose the right preschool to provide the supportive environment needed. Not only will this encourage learning and development, but will also encourage interaction with loving teachers and peers. These are all essential components for every infant, toddler or preschooler to thrive.
At Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Cary, we provide a unique, stimulating, and supportive environment for your child. Our AdvancED™ Accredited program for preschoolers offers a variety of activities to increase brain development and future learning potential. We know that your child needs individualized attention to thrive and develop beneficial life skills.
As an accredited Learning Academy we offer our students:
- Small group activities that are planned daily
- Hands-on activities and an introduction to music and singing
- Teaching for early problem solving skills
- Positive relationship-building between our preschoolers and caregivers
Our classrooms offer an abundance of materials that allow a child to explore and develop through the use of all five senses. The Academy’s learning stations are filled with science and math activities and visuals that will stimulate your child’s brain. Our unique curriculum targets your child’s specific developmental level, individualized learning style and personality, and all of this is in a modern and safe environment.
For more information about our Academy or to learn about our curriculum, contact Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Cary today.Show Less
It is completely natural for any parent to worry about the health and safety of their child. As many parents know, infants, in the early years of development, are highly susceptible to illness, disease and other health risks. Parents must ensure that the environment they provide for their child is safe, secure and free from danger.
Safe sleeping environment
As a first step, you may want to have your infant sleep in the same room as you, but in a Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) approved crib. This way you can respond immediately if he or she is troubled during the night, and it also allows you to carefully control the temperature, humidity and other factors in the room where he or she is sleeping. Be sure the room is not too hot or cold and that no blankets, cushions or toys are lying in the crib area which can possibly block airways or hinder breathing. Here are more tips for safe sleeping for infants:
1. The best place for a baby is alone in a CPSC approved crib.
2. The best position for baby to sleep is on his or her back.
3. Baby should sleep in a smoke free room, and ideally a smoke free home.
4. Baby should sleep on a firm, flat mattress covered by a tight fitting sheet only.
5. The only safe bedding for baby is no bedding.
6. Stuffed animals, pillows, bumper pads or other fluffy items do not belong in baby's sleeping areas.
7. Do not dress the baby too warmly.
8. Sleep with a fan for adequate air flow.
At Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Cary, we are experts in infant and baby care. If you would like more information about our infant child care services as well as our Brain Waves curriculum for young, developing minds, then contact us today or visit our facility.Show Less
Developing a responsible attitude is key to a successful and happy life - and preschoolers are at a perfect age to start this journey. It is important to remember that responsibility and manners are essential social tools a child acquires through learning. This equates to intensive teaching of these skills both at home and at pre-school. Here are some great tips for parents that will make these lessons easier and more rewarding:
- Setting the example: As your child's most loved role model, you have incredible influence when teaching them responsibility. Talk about your actions with your child for maximum impact and comprehension. For example, when organizing paperwork, use this as a teaching moment by having your child pick-up toys and de-clutter their play area. Explain to them that staying organized is a responsible way to keep items safe from harm, guarantees things won't get lost, and makes their toys easier to find.
- Patience and repetition: Children will need to be reminded multiple times before they master something correctly. Repetition is the key to how those cognitive pathways are built and stimulated in their brains. Don't let yourself become too frustrated. Activate their memory versus repeatedly asking them to perform a task. If you want your child to remove their shoes before coming inside, say to them, "What do we do when we come from outside?" This will trigger the memory of what you've asked before, rather than just following your instructions.
- Use stories: Many children's stories revolve around a character's decision making and learning from their mistakes. Reading a fun story with your child and engaging them with the plot, while asking them questions about the character's actions, are ways to have your child think about responsible choices.
- Be positive: Children want to be responsible, but aren't aware of how important it is or how appreciated! Praising your child for doing a task, especially if done without asking, gives them a wonderful sense of accomplishment and shows that their contribution is valued.
- Be creative: Teaching children about responsibility can be exciting and fun. Other enjoyable options include a visit to the Green Acres farm in Cary. While there, children can explore the responsibilities of farm life, explore the corn maze, and in autumn see the large pumpkins growing, all from a farmer's hard work.
At Kids 'R' Kids Learning Academy of Cary, our preschool focuses on teaching life skills such as responsibility in tandem with an acclaimed academic curriculum. We encourage healthy, positive discipline by gently guiding children to make the right choices during playtime, while interacting with peers, or during a lesson. Our preschool curriculum stimulates both mental and physical development and is designed to meet the needs of your child with plenty of love, individual attention, and support.
For more information about our acclaimed Learning Academy, the pre-school curriculum, to schedule a tour, or enroll your child, please contact us today.Show Less